Do you have any questions?
We have answers!
I have problems with my website
Here are a few quick ideas that might help:
- Clear your browser cache. Just Google briefly: clear browser cache and name your browser in the search.
- Clear WordPress cache. If you use a plugin like WP Rocket or similar, empty the cache of your WordPress website through it.
- Some errors happen because certain plugins do not work with each other, or influence and hinder each other. Try disabling some or all plugins and then see if the problem is fixed. If so, it is due to one of the plugins. Important: Something like this should only be done on a test environment or with a previous backup.
- Switch to the default WordPress theme to rule out the possibility that it’s the currently installed theme. Important: Something like this should only be done on a test environment or with a previous backup.
- Is your website publicly visible to search engines? Look at your settings, under Read, to see if the Search Engine Visibility checkbox is active or inactive.
Does the problem still exist? Contact us and let’s find a solution quickly!
Can you also create content?
Yes, we can gladly do that for you. We should definitely talk about that. But basically we have copywriters in house who are also happy to create your content
Can you also create images?
Yes, we can gladly do that for you. We have several designers and photographers in house who will be happy to create anything for you. We should definitely talk about that.
By the way, our photographers will also be happy to visit you at your location and do the photo shoot at your place. What others also like: Photo shoot in Mallorca.
For how many sites is one booking valid?
Each booking is valid for one site at a time.
Can I downgrade?
Yes, you can downgrade from one pricing model to another at any time. Your period does not change and remains the same. Thus, when downgrading, the remaining time is credited as credit for the next term. You can perform the downgrade via your account. If you need help with this, feel free to contact us, and we will help you.
Can I upgrade?
Yes, you can upgrade from one pricing model to another at any time. Your period does not change and remains the same. Thus, when you upgrade, you will only be charged for the remaining time and you will only have to pay the difference. You can upgrade via your account. If you need help with this, feel free to contact us, and we will help you.
How can I cancel my subscription?
Our subscriptions are billed monthly and you can cancel them at any time with 14 days notice in your customer account or by sending us an email, calling us or contacting us via Messenger. If there are no objections, we will cancel your package at the end of the period. It will then simply expire and no new debit will follow from our side.
We recommend to stay in the subscription for at least 3 months. However, you are not bound to this period.
What is a landing page?
A landing page is a single page. Usually a website consists of several pages – a home page, contact page, about me or other pages. These are accessible via some kind of menu – usually a menu at the top that you can simply click on.
A landing page, on the other hand, is a single page, usually without a menu and possibly deviating from the standard style. Because a landing page can be used to bring complete focus to a webinar, or to a product you want to sell, or to an event, or, or.
So on a landing page, you want to direct the visitor to something, with their complete 100% focus – without distracting them or allowing them to go elsewhere.
What is a funnel?
In a funnel, the goal is to turn a prospect into a valuable customer by passing through multiple touchpoints to ultimately perform a specific action, such as completing an order.
Pictorially imagined, for example, quite a lot of prospects come into the funnel through Facebook ads. In the process, prospects may bounce during the buying process, meaning they jump out of the funnel again. However, the prospects who have completed an order become customers and figuratively come out the bottom of the funnel.
What is a workflow?
A workflow is a work process. That is, a sequence of related steps performed one at a time. For your website, store or landing page, it can be a workflow like this:
- Visitor comes to your page
- Visitor signs up for your newsletter (by the way: now he is no longer a visitor, but an email subscriber)
- Subscriber receives a welcome email
- Subscriber will receive an email in the next 3 days with tips and prompts to buy your product
What are SSL certificates?
An SSL certificate is a small file that uses a cryptic key to make the connection secure. On the Internet, this means that the security lock is active, ensuring secure connections between PCs and the website.